You can restore data from an S3 Archive bucket in a few simple steps.
1. First contact support (email@example.com or via in-app chat) to let them know you are going to restore data and provide the following information:
- The date range of the data you are planning on restoring.
- The account name you plan to restore the data to.
- Is this account the same as the original account, or a new or different account?
2. Create a temporary S3 Bucket and copy the relevant backup files to that s3 bucket. This step is necessary so a loop is not created and you are sure the correct files are restored to Logz.io.
3. Once support has confirmed the target account is ready for the data restore, then you can log into that account and go to LogShipping --> AWS --> S3 Bucket and fill out the form with all the relevant information. When selecting the log type, you can choose "other" and then add the type "restore". The restored logs will display the original log type so using "restore" is just for reference.
NOTE: The restored data goes against your daily usage, so if you do not have enough space in your daily plan for the restore please contact your account manager to assist you with your daily plan limit.